Thursday, October 06, 2005

CTE racing

This is likely the most exciting news I have received with regards to Champ Car since the United States Government gave me permission to work for Champ Car as a Canadian. You have no idea how excited I am about this. I really believe that this could open up a whole new avenue for Champ Car. if I was in charge of Champ Car marketing, every single ad or promotion from now on would revolve around Cedric. I know it may be cheap to use his celebrity status, but this the best way to get mainstream attention other than bringing in a pretty girl who can barely race but looks good in a bikini.

What I also like about the news is that this rumor had been running rampant for some time (pretty much since Long Beach) and it’s nice to see it come to fruition. With the internet and the many many gossipers, you hear all sorts of rumors all the time. Its nice to see one come alive. Makes the series look good.

If you don’t know Cedric, rent the Original Kings of Comedy to see Cedric at his best. Sure he’s been on television many times and in pretty funny movies. But The OKC is where he’s at home. He’s raw.

Cedric has so much charisma, such an outgoing personality that he really could do big things for this company. Of course, it will be up to him in terms of how he wants to run his show. He could chose to see this as strictly a business and worry about his bottom line more than anything and stay behind the scenes. Still, I sort of expect to see him in Long Beach with a flashy suit on and a sparkling hat and cane. He’s the man, no question about it.

Cedric, welcome to the family.

3 Comments:

At 3:34 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here here I second everything you said.
Oh and I know this is early but HAPPY GOBBLE DAY to you Eric and all those Crazy Canadian Race Fans such as myself.

 
At 11:58 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^hmmm, that "anonymous" poster sounds familiar... hehehehe

Happy TG, Eric. Also am glad to have CTE on board.

 
At 5:59 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Padre not sure if I know who you are???
I don't usually post on any racing sites just this one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home