Tuesday, April 05, 2005

gettin' crazy!

I’ve been so busy lately getting ready for Long Beach. I am filled with excitement to get the season underway, but I am also very anxious because of Overheard. I can’t wait to produce the feature, but its going to be a lot of work (since I’m alone) and I hope that I haven’t bitten off more than I can chew. I don’t think I have and I will make time to produce the features all the while chat it up with good old Bruce.

I really liked working with Bruce last year, as well as Terry. I think Bruce and I work well together cause we both bring something to the table. His years of experience cannot be taught and is invaluable and if you know Bruce, you know he’s always got a one-liner or a zinger waiting for you. I think with my youthful enthusiasm (not that I’m young, but young to the circuit) and wide-eye curiosity, we make a very good pair.

Bruce was the first person I worked with last year in Long Beach. Long Beach is not an easy event to PA, on account that so much is happening at all times it can get a little overwhelming. But Bruce was so kind last year and took me through it and really made me feel welcome, which is more than I could have asked for.

Likely my favorite moment of Long Beach in 2004 was when it was all said and done, we sat around our booth, Dan, Terry, Bruce and myself, had a couple of well-deserved beers and I just listened as they swapped stories of their past experiences. It was really a nice moment. Made me feel like I was part of their team, which has been intact for so many years.

I am going to try and make my way to Bubba Gump’s on Thursday where I understand the boys will be. Unfortunately I am very allergic to seafood, so my visit won’t be long. But I will try and say hello to them and listen to more of their stories!

Champ Car Baby! Champ Car for life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home