Tuesday, March 22, 2005

a little about me...not too much I promise!

My first ever blog!

Don’t really know what blog means to begin with, but it seems to be the way to go these days. :)

My name is Eric Gagnon and I am the traveling PA Announcer for the Champ Car World Series. That is why my blogs will mostly deal with motorsports, though I may throw in a social commentary here and there. I will also be getting a digital camera and plan on taking many pictures of my race weekends to share with everybody. I often notice peculiar things going on during the weekend, so with a camera in hand, I will be able to capture them and bring them to you!

We’re going to have some fun here. I will post new articles when I think of new stuff to talk about. My life is chaotic order, this blog-thing may as well be the same. :)

On top of being the announcer for the 2005 season, I am also trying to bring back some of the videos I used to do when I worked at Forsythe Racing. Some of you may remember “Overheard at the Track” and the other nonsense we used to do. I hope to bring something like that this year for the official website of Champ Car. So far we have made good progress in my attempts, but its not approved yet. The good news is that we got the approval from all the PR reps, which leads me to believe that most of them have never seen Overheard at the Track. :)
But, it’s still a question mark at this point. I’m sure a few emails thrown their way in support of the idea couldn’t hurt. Wink wink.

I’m going to concentrate on Champ Car naturally, but I will talk about NASCAR, ALMS, the IRL. May even throw in some CASCAR! My primary goal is to share my race weekend experiences with you folks. Sometimes I think people who work in Champ Car (or any major motorsport league) take it for granted how fortunate we are to attend all these fantastic events when the average fan gets to attend one or maybe two events in a year. I am first and foremost a fan of the sport and blessed to be able to work in it. I hope I can bring little bits of my weekend to you!

Take these articles for what their worth! Just a race fan talking about the sport he loves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home