Thursday, June 15, 2006

Portland baby!

This has been a great couple of weeks in the ChampCar news department and I have to say, I am soooo excited for this Portland race. I'm always excited for a ChampCar race, but seldom this excited! I can't wait to hear and feel the buzz in the paddock and pit lane with everything that's happen lately. This is going to be great!

I really think that DaMatta can pull an upset and win this thing. Its not such a shocking statement, given that he's the defending champion, twice over.

interesting article on autosport by Paul Tracy talking about the situation with Mario and AJ. I was surprised that he was so hard on AJ and his temper. I knew AJ had one, but PT made it seem like its beyond controllable. It might be, I don't know. I still think he'll fit in nicely with the team. I am just relieved that he's still in the series. Now, Dale Coyne, get Ryan Hunter Reay in that DC car! Mario might still get it, but between you and me, I am hoping for Ryan. Actually, I want both! I want Mario in the series. I want him in a good car and be competitive! Hopefully it can happen. the guy deserves it.

by the way, you know who is turning out to be the absolutely nicest driver? Jan Heylen. the kid has a constant smile on his face, loves everything about the series and you really get a sense that he's listening to you when you talk. If you ever have a chance to meet him, do so, its worth it. A very pleasant young man. And I should say that amongst the female ChampCar staff, he's quickly becoming the best looking driver too. :)

1 Comments:

At 4:20 AM EDT , Blogger Peter Leung said...

And here I thought the crappettes were huge Vasser fans.... ^^ But you're spot-on about Jan though. Just a very polite and cool guy to be around who seems to be genuinely happy about being in Champ Car. Hopefully it won't be too long until he banks his first podium.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home