Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I committed a sin in the racing world I think. I was unable to watch the Indy 500 this year and caught maybe two laps of the Coca-Cola 600. I didn’t see a second of the Monaco GP either. What kind of race face am I?? I assure the reasons for my sins were reasons beyond my control. I was busy with other projects and couldn’t find a television anywhere. Now, I did see the highlights on ESPN in my hotel room. I did see the second closest finish in Indy 500 history. I did hear Hornish commended the kid who finished 2nd and I did hear the kid be extremely upset with himself and ask the question out loud “where did that come from?”. How did Hornish get that jump? They all have Honda engines! Is there a push to pass button that I don’t know about? Either way, it was a great finish, no question about it and there is no point in bitching and complaining about the event because it was well done. (from what I eventually would see and hear).

I was expecting some sort of announcement though and that never came through. Oh well, maybe by the time you read this, an announcement will have been made. Or maybe not and we will just have to settle for another excellent ChampCar season in 2007 with a brand new formula that will rock!!

I spent some time in Milwaukee last week on other business and naturally was curious to see what kind of promotion there was. What I did see was a couple of bus ads and an print ad in the Onion, of all papers. Granted, I didn’t spend my entire days looking for promotion, so I am sure there was more I didn’t see. I did speak to some locals and some new of the event, other didn’t. I was there on Sunday (during the 500) and there certainly wasn’t much buzz for that either. What kind of crowd can we expect on Sunday? I don’t know, but it will be a race enthusiastic crowd, that’s for sure!

Oh, and I get my laptop back tomorrow, so I will have a couple of days to work on OHATT (I know, I know, but it was beyond my control!!). If you are going to the Milwaukee race and read this, please stop by and say hello.

You know, with Wilson only 25 points behind Bourdais and 31 points up for grabs this weekend, is there any doubt that we can have a new points leader by the time Sunday night hits?

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Im disappointed in is the huge ad's I have been seeing in the Toronto Sun about the darn IRL Race coming up in the Glen and little crappy ad's for the Toronto Grand Prix!!! Yikes they (being the Toronto Sun) had the nerve to put a Dan Waldo poster in the paper. Please Charlies Johnstone get some bigger ads

 
At 9:40 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are going to the Milwaukee race and read this, please stop by and say hello.



Where?

 
At 12:51 AM EDT , Blogger Eric Gagnon said...

good question. where? in the paddock I suppose. I'll be the one with the grey ChampCar shirt and the goofy hair. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home