Thursday, June 02, 2005

just got back from the Press conference, where I had a chance to talk to some of the drivers, as were the other members of the media. Naturally, I wasn't going to ask them about the track, their teams, yada yada yada. No, I concentrated on much more important issues in a feature that I call "This or That". Check the website early next week for my "this or that" with AJ, Ryan, Oriol, PT, Marcus as well as a surprised and, certainly good sport Mr. Dick Eidswick.
I think i'll eventually chase down all the drivers for the silly little feature. A huge thank you to Lee Ann for taking time out of her busy schedule and volunteering to be my cameraperson!

Overheard at the Track will be a challenge this week on account of my PA duties. I thought I could sneak off during the first few minutes of tomorrows practise, but it looks like my partner Dean has some meeting to go to, hence leaving me alone there with you folks. However, i'll be looking at a couple of more things to film and should have two or three of these "this or that" anyhow.

Oriol seemed pretty excited about the opportunity to join the big boys club, not that I can blame him. but he certainly knows the pressure attached to this opportunity. There is a press conference tomorrow around noon with the announcement of a champcar driver/team/sponsor. Now, don't quote me on this, cause I didn't get too many details, but its taking place after or during the first and only real practise session, so if it is just to announce Dale Coyne's driver, then he or she would miss a lot of practise time. So, hopefully its bigger than that, i.e. a new driver or whatever. We shall see. If your at the track, i'll make sure to relay the message to ya'll as soon as I hear the news myself.

Champ Car baby! Champ Car for life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home