Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Rob and Amber got married last night! Finally some closure! And I noticed in the promo for the show that they had Boston Red Sox great Johnny Damon. Cause you know, he’s Boston Rob. Cause you know, he wears a Boston RedSox hat. So she invited him to the wedding or to make an appearance or whatever. I imagine her invite went like this:
Hi Johnny, my name is Amber. I was on some cheesy reality show which you probably didn’t see and I’m getting married to this guy who was also on the cheesy reality show, which you probably didn’t see. Anyway, there was this all-star version of said show where we met, but you probably didn’t see that either. Then we were on another reality show, which I know you didn’t see, cause nobody else did. Anyway, CBS will pay you 300 grand to make an appearance. Thanks. Bye.

Well, I did it again. As I attempted to book my flight online for Milwaukee, 1) I booked my flight via Philadelphia, even though Toronto-Milwaukee is a 45 minute flight and 2) and even more stupidly, I booked my return flight on Saturday at noon. I ain’t missing much if I return Saturday the 4th at noon, am I?? man, I am no good on the Internet! I am just costing Champ car money. Luckily Kevin still had money to purchase Long Beach, despite my blunder.

The guys on Pardon the Interruption were chatting it up about Danica Patrick again yesterday, basically saying all the attention is great and a good way to bring in new fans and viewers to the sport. I couldn’t agree more. And I decided that I am very much in favor of the IRL’s massive marketing campaign behind Danica Patrick. That’s right, I am all in favor of them giving her a better engine for the 500. I am all in favor of David Letterman having her on his show 5 times a week! Why? Because the bottom line is we have a better product. And if the casual fan turns his/her attention to Danica and the IRL, then it’s a matter of minutes before they hear of the split and Champ Car. After the ‘greatest spectacle in racing’ takes place this week, the IRL goes back into oblivion and its only a matter of time before the casual fan notices Champ Car, its diversity, its intensity and its greatness.

It’s the old adage, build ONE restaurant in a deserted area, very unlikely people will show up. Build a few more, then you’ll draw people to the area. And of course, then the people chose their favorite restaurants.

We have a better product, plain and simple. If it takes their girl to bring new viewers in, fine. Let them sample their restaurant and then sample ours. They will keep coming back to ours. Guaranteed.
Champ Car baby! Champ Car for life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home