Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Well it seems like I may be a little less dedicated to this blog recently, but the truth of the matter is, I don’t necessarily want to write anything simply to write something down. That can be dangerous. We see it all the time with reporters. They have a deadline from their editor and they need their story. So, if nothing major is happening, they dig. And then dig some more if necessary. And when they still can’t find a story? They make it up.

I don’t want to be doing that. Not just yet in my career anyway. There’s a difference between an op-ed piece and a news story. Unfortunately that line is blurred more and more and its increasingly difficult to tell what is fact and what is opinion.

You see this a lot on the internet. People online will post things on forums and sometimes they post things that are so exaggerated its kind of humorous. Luckily, most of the posters want proof or a link as to where they got their info. In fact, a few posters out there have lost all credibility. People don’t even take their comments with a grain of salt. They simply dismiss their comments all together. Unfortunately that is harder to do with print or any other forms of media. Again, editors want their stories and have a deadline.

Nevertheless, blogs aren’t news pieces and I can say whatever the heck I want about anything. But I digress. Its not my style to talk for the sake of talking. I’ll continue to post my opinions when stories surface. But if its quiet, then I will be quiet. But keep checking, cause I am always ready to write another piece and I never know when I get motivated or inspired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home