Wednesday, June 01, 2005

the eagle has landed!

I just got to Milwaukee, I am setting up for some driver interviews tomorrow (if anybody wants to be my cameraperson, I would love it!) and getting ready for the Time Warner Cable Roadrunner 225 presented by US Bank. what I mean is I am practising saying that fast and clearly, not to mentioning throwing in the bridgestone presents the Champ Car World Series powered by Ford in there too. Its a mouthfull, but that just means more sponsors and there ain't nothing wrong with that!

Looks like Bruno is out for the season, based on what I read. That's a terrible shame, but from his quote, he seems very positive and upbeat and boy is he ever going to tare it up next year! Whatch out baby! And, spoken like a true driver, the first thing he said (according to the quote anyway) was that he had a good car! that shows you where his passion lies and where his dedication lies. He also says thayt Foyt didn't see him, which again is a very classy thing to say. he could have blamed his inexperience, he could have blamed Foyt's team (or lack thereof), but he took the high road. what a guy!! I've always had the upmost respect for Bruno, but I assure you now it went up a few more notches. take care my friend. we'll see you soon.

the drivers have a 2 and a half practise session on Friday. its their only 'real' practise session of the weekend. Its an abundant amount of time to get to know the track and which line is working for which setup. However, with all that practise time, tire wear becomes an issue. It'll be interesting to see how teams maximize their practise time all the while trying to conserve as many sets of bridgestone as possible. Drivers also have to start the race with the tires used in qualifying, so that adds to the strategy of the race.

Still no word on the replacement of Junquiera, but with the announcement that Bruno is out likely for the season (6 months according to what I read), Newman/Haas have a significant decisions on their hands. I don't know that having someone for a one-off is the right thing to do. If they found a driver to fill that seat for the rest of the season, he (or she) could potentially be a contender, having only missed two races. But to have a one-off and then have only 11 races left, the new driver is pretty much out of contention. Of course, can you pick a driver for the full season in only 4 days? short answer no with a but, long answer yes with an if.

anyway, I think I will venture off to the track and snoop around. I guess it is only Wednesday, but i'll see if I can find anything out. maybe I can have the 'scoop' on who will replace bruno!

Champ Car baby! champ car for life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home