Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sunday warm up

Warm up just finished, the next time the champ cars are on track will be for real. I love this race because it is the least predictable on the circuit. The fact that there are no repeat winners here is quite telling. You have to be very lucky to win here, no question about it. I think we’ll see another first time winner today, I suspect it’ll be someone you don’t expect like Dan Clarke. Did I just pick Dan Clarke to win? I’ll let you know after the race is over.

I am slowly getting my Australian lingo down working with my buddies in the booth. Although when someone asks me “how you going?” I still say “by foot”.

It’s a little shocking that I have to leave tomorrow. It seems so soon. Often after a race weekend you look forward to going home on account of being tired and looking forward to sleeping in your own bed. But in this case, I feel like I haven’t been here long enough. I have enjoyed myself tremendously on this trip and now I can hope for two things: a safe race and a smooth flight home.

Haven’t quite gotten used to flying for 13 hours over the ocean, but I have little choice in the matter. I can only hope for a window seat so I might be able to catch an hour or two of zzz’s. But I’m getting ahead of myself. First we enjoy the race!

by the way, I very much enjoy the fact that the Overheard at the track thread on champcarfanatics has descended into a beer drinking thread. :)

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

=0 So...who won the race finally?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home