Monday, July 24, 2006

random thoughts

Well, I am sure by now you know that Jwil won the Edmonton Grand Prix, I’m sure you know the attendance was north of 170 thousand for the weekend, I am sure you know that Tag is mad at Bourdais and vice versa (I’m siding with Tag on that one, that corner WAS too tight too pass) and I am sure you know that the whole weekend was great, the race was great, Will Power is AWESOME as a driver and that Nelson celebrated his 20th birthday by planting it in a tire wall. So, what can I tell you that you don’t already know? Hmm, that’s a good question. Maybe I can’t.

Is Graham Rahal going to Newman/Haas next year? Carl Edwards has a bad attitude! It wasn’t Tony Stewart’s fault yesterday. Okay, it probably was. he probably intentionally Clint. but still! I’m glad you got a penalty and blew your chances! Nice to see AGR win a race, but seriously who would you pick as your driver, Danica or Brian Herta? Sure, she’ll bring more money, but she doesn’t have NEAR the skills that he has. Brian, come back to Champ Car. You’re a decent driver wasting your time over there.

Las Vegas??? The street of Freemont! Old Vegas baby! I’m there! I hope anyway. Then the streets of Phoenix as the season ender? Perfect! God this series is on the right track (pardon the pun). If Rahal/Letterman leave the IRL to go to GrandAm and Roger and Chip follow, then does the entire series rename itself the AGR series? Why not!

I went to the driver party and saw some interesting things last night….but I can’t tell you about it. Otherwise they would never let me go to a race ever again! But I did spend time with Michael Canon and Todd Malloy and they were just having a great time. I love seeing that camaraderie amongst competitors. Both great engineers and both had very good days at their respective offices. Oh, and as I was walking by, I overheard one of the champ car girls ask Bobby Rahal whether he was a driver or not! Yeah, those girls are great!

I did see Rusport guys having dinner at a nearby pub yesterday and they looked tired. Lead by my man Jeremy Dale, they were enjoying a nice celebratory meal and looking forward to a good nights sleep.

Watch for Simon Pagenaud. As good as Graham Rahal is, I think Simon is the next…well Bourdais I guess! This kid is really good and it was nice to see him capture that first win of the season. I like Andreas Wirth, I think he’s a great driver, but I question his maturity. I hope I am wrong, but he seems distracted with a lot of things outside of the cockpit. Pagenaud is all business!

oh, and my video camera is still busted, so my this or that's are still in the tape that is currently stuck in the camera. Hopefully i'll be able to rent a camera for San Jose and then get my old one fixed when I have a minute between San Jose and Denver.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you really must stop with the whole "I saw something really cool, but I can't tell you" deal! Glad you had a good time up in Eds.

 
At 10:49 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 8:43 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 
At 5:06 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home