Monday, November 14, 2005

Update on the OHATT DVD:
Well, I have figured out how to create a dvd. I am watching one right now of some of the old clips. That’s the good news and a very good sign, since I am not techno savy. Now, the bad news is that my video camera (which I also use my miniDV player) only recognizes certain tapes. This is normal, but in this case is unfortunate because there are a few master OHATT tapes that it won’t play. The price of a new or used minidv player runs in the thousands, so I won’t be going that route. However, I hope to find a player, maybe borrow one or something that will allow me to dump all the old footage on my computer where I can edit them and put them all on a dvd. But the main point here is that its good news since I figured out how to use the dvd burner I recently purchased.

8 Comments:

At 4:25 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

 
At 5:17 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay this was probably already covered but will this include old Players overheards as well?
Thanks

 
At 5:46 PM EST , Blogger Eric Gagnon said...

yes, the purpose of the dvd is to showcase the old stuff, not necessarily the new stuff. Hopefully we'll have both on there. but i'm hopping its mainly the stuff we did at Players.

 
At 6:38 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job Eric....now for the next question, when its finished how does one get a DVD of your work?

I've only seen the newer OHATT so I'm interested in seeing the ones that came before!

Cheers!

 
At 12:34 PM EST , Blogger Eric Gagnon said...

well Tom, I haven't figured that part out yet, but that should be fairly straight forward I would imagine. Naturally I will let you know exaclty how its going to work once I figure it out myself. :)

 
At 11:48 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric,

what's your take on the TSN broadcast of champ car? Frustrating to see the last two races of the season end the way it did. Particularly Mexico, where the race was blacked out on Speed, tape delayed and edited. I know that there is a petition going on right now to improve the coverage but I don't know if I can be optimistic. Are the officials at Champ car aware of this situation and willing to do anything about it?


Tony

 
At 12:47 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My work with NASA makes it impossible to cover OHATT daily, let alone monthly. So pls excuse me if this topic has been covered, but what it the whole story behind a Saudi sponsored circuit to compete against F1?

 
At 3:59 PM EST , Blogger Eric Gagnon said...

I'm afraid I don't know too much behind the Saudi racing thing, except that they have PLENTY of money to toss around and the tobacco laws are much looser if non-existent in that area. Not unlike the owners over here, its grown men with $$ wanting to play with toys.

I'll write about my thoughts on TSN in the next couple of days Tony.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home