Thursday, July 28, 2005

They are working overnight, 24/7 to get this track up in time for tomorrow. I look forward to seeing this little puppy. I like the squareness of the track. The atmosphere (and temperature) is definitely reminiscing of Miami. Frankly, I loved the Miami track because it brought out a lot of aggression in the drivers. I remember it was way too hot and humid. But aside from that, I enjoyed the setting. I remember watching the ALMS race from my hotel room. It was very cool.

The back stretch of this track looks wide enough, but there are some REAL narrow spots and corners. Its going to be a very tricky track to master and it will be near impossible to gauge the track without traffic. That, in it-self, will make things more interesting. But, regardless of how well a car might be working tomorrow morning, the true test will be when others cars are on their own flyers and how they deal with each other. It could be another expensive weekend for team owners. The pits are so narrow that they may be an issue also, especially during the race and the possibility for drag racing.

I will reserve much more judgment until tomorrow, cause its like Jeremy Dale said “we can speculate and analyze all we want, but we won’t know anything until the cars actually get on the track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home